The retrieval and disposal of the used plastic mulch film after harvest cost labor, time and money. Not to mention if farmers decide to save time and cost by burning the mulch film on site resulting in serious air pollution. In addition, the soil could be contaminated by the fragments of film remaining in soil if the collection is not done completely.
Characteristics of GB Mulch Film:
- Can be ploughed into soil after use without retrieval.
- Save on labor, transporting and disposal costs on used mulch film.
- Has high oxygen and moisture permeability to help the growth of crops.
- Film ploughed in soil will degrade into fertilizer and had been proven to enhance the germination and growth of plants in lab test.
- Can also be made into seed pouch or roots protection wrapping.
- Can be used in compost collection program without separation.